15 DIY Wedding Guestbook Alternatives: Real-Life Examples
My most viewed post last year was the fingerprint guestbook entry so it’s safe to say that couples all over are in need of unique guestbook alternatives. After all, guest books are important mementos for remembering your special day by, and the more artistic your guestbook is, the more creative the guests will be in expressing their joy at witnessing your celebration firsthand!
Below are some fresh alternative wedding guest books beyond the thumbprint / signature tree (including some real-life examples) to inspire you to come up with your own:
1. Postcards in a Suitcase (via crissy_baker)
Ask your guests to write their messages on post cards the collect them in a vintage suitcase. This is perfect for travel-themed weddings.
2. Air Mail wishes for the couple (as seen in Karin & Craig’s wedding)
Karin and Craig were snail mail pen pals so in honor of that, they had guests write on cards which were then enclosed in air mail envelopes in lieu of a guestbook.
3. Dirty Laundry guestbook kit (via MelangerieNYC)
Adorable paper note cards shaped like tees, tank tops, pants and skirts that guests can use for jotting “dirty laundry” or funny stories about the couple.
4. Puzzle Guestbooks (Wood wedding guestbook puzzle by Bella Puzzles)
Have your guests write their messages on the individual pieces then collect them in a jar or box. Later on, you and hubby can have fun putting it all together!
5. Fabric Squares (via Millennyum)
Messages can be written on fabric squares (in your color motif!) which can be sewn together into a beautiful memory quilt later.
6. Mirror Mosaic (via kcolumb1)
The couple had guests write on small mirrors which they will then assemble into a mosaic that they can display in their home.
7. Dandelion Wishes (via kerrieom52981)
Guests write their messages on cute dandelion pops that stick onto a “grassy” base.
8. Bird Wishes (via kerrieom52981)
Cute bird-shaped cards mounted on sticks keep your guests’ wishes intact.
9. Heart Cut-Outs in a Hollow Book (via Conduit_Press)
A heart-shaped guestbook that secretly nestles inside a vintage hollow book. I love this idea!
10. Jenga Tower Alternative Guestbook (via austinweddings2)
A simple and no-fuss guestbook alternative! Have your guests sign Jenga blocks (and remember your guests whenever you play the game).
11. Monogram Guestbook (via DigaFromage)
Guests sign on block letters that form your monogram. This can be displayed on your wall after the wedding.
12. 3D Heart Art Guestbook Alternative (via CeladonHome)
Guests write their messages of love on paper hearts which are then arranged in a shadowbox or a frame as in the photo. This can make a great focal centerpiece for your living room.
13. Wishing Stones (via jaclynswedding)
Have guests leave their well wishes on smooth stones that can be collected in a vase or displayed in a rock garden at your home later on.
14. Guest Painting (via Pocketful of Dreams via Green Wedding Shoes)
Here’s a creative and interactive guestbook idea — have your guests paint their wishes on a board in bright and bold colors.
15. A Wish Wall (via The Haystack Needle)
Have your guests tuck colorful wishes into little cardboard cubbyholes. You can then transport the whole wall for decorating your home later on.
So which one are you having?
Don’t forget to check out our fun customizable fingerprint tree poster templates for a fresh wedding guestbook alternative!