Cat-Themed Wedding Ideas, Inspiration & Details!
Do you love cats? Then here’s a suggestion for you — why not make your wedding a cat-themed one? My husband and I adore furry felines (especially our own kitty) and wish we thought of this theme when planning our wedding years ago..! That would’ve been SO fun. Since it’s not too late for you I’ve rounded up some cool cat details from all over the ‘net to jumpstart your cat wedding planning!
Announce your feline themed celebration: Cat-themed wedding invitation from WeddDay
Kitty Graphic inspiration: Tsumori Chisato’s Cats Collection
Top your cake with: Cat Couple Cake Toppers, left via The Happy Acorn, right via Paper Bunting
For the groom and groomsmen: Cat Cufflinks from ShopGWS
May I also suggest our very own Rustic Forest Cats Wedding invitation suite? Since it’s on Zazzle, you can customize and purchase it right now from the comforts of your home. 🙂
Before I reveal the rest of the eye candy, here are a few cat wedding ideas:
1. Have your flower girl carry a cat plush instead of flowers
2. Display photos of your cat(s) all over your reception space and/or make LOLCAT-inspired table numbers out of their photos.
3. For your photo booth, place cat masks on sticks. Here’s a free cat mask printable you can color and decorate in your motif!
4. Centerpiece idea: scour thrift shops for a selection of ceramic cats and cat-centric children’s books. Arrange them on tables along with cattail plants and other blooms you wish to use.
5. Wear jewelry custom made from the fur your cat sheds (inspired by this article)
6. Look for an old cat story book and turn it into a guest book — decorate and stick envelopes onto the pages and have your guests fill them with notes.
7. For reception music, check out this list of Songs About Cats on Catster.
For the bride / bridal party: Cat ears headband from ASOS (or eBay)
Won’t they look meow-velous?! Retro style cat print dresses. Dress on the left via Fashion Etc, dress on the right via Joy the Store. (Lots more on Pinterest!)
Purrfectly Pretty: Cat Print Nude Tights, left via Romwe, right via Oasap
Reception decor inspiration: Andy Warhol’s Silk-screened Cats
Decorate your space: Vintage cat paper bunting from goodnightboutique
Cats in bloom: Cattail bouquet and flower arrangement, left via Dos Gringos, right via Kaboodle
Mr. & Mrs. table adornments: Kitty Plushes from Gwen
Treat your guests: cute cat donuts and cookies
Do them a favor: stuff treats and favors for the kiddies in these cute cat gift boxes (get the printable template)
Will you have a cat motif for your wedding? What other ideas can you add to this list? Let me know via the comments below!