10 Kid Lit-Inspired Weddings + A Few More Theme Ideas
Centering your wedding around a favorite children’s book or story isn’t anything new, judging by how many Alice in Wonderland weddings we’ve seen in the past 5 years. Kiddie stories make for a playful motif as you can go nuts decorating your party with eye-catching details. I can just imagine how fun conceptualizing, sourcing and DIY-ing those elements will be!
Here now are examples of Kid Lit (and Young Adult) themed celebrations that you can (a) consider for your own wedding, or (b) serve as a jumping off point for your thought process. Let your imagination run wild!
1. The Owl and the Pussycat-themed Wedding, full feature on Ruffled / Photos by Melissa Jill Photography
2. A Dr. Seuss-inspired Wedding, full feature on Rock ‘n Roll Bride / Photos by Laurel McConnell Photography
3. Winnie the Pooh-inspired Wedding, full feature on Green Wedding Shoes / Photos by Plum Jam Photography
4. Shel Silverstein-inspired Wedding, full feature on Capitol Romance / photos by Abby Grace Photography
5. The Tale of Peter Rabbit wedding inspiration, full feature on Elizabeth Anne Designs / Photos by Andrea K Photo
6. The Secret Garden inspired Wedding, full feature on Snippet and Ink / Photos by Aneta Mak
7. Wind in the Willows-inspired wedding, full feature on Monty Manatee Weddings / Photos by Yvonne Lishman
8. Thumbelina wedding inspiration, full feature on Green Wedding Shoes / Photos by Christine Farah
9. The Little Prince-inspired Wedding, full feature on Ruffled / Photos by Lovely Leaf Studio
10. Ladybug Picnic-inspired Wedding, full feature on Polka Dot Bride / Photos by Richard Amora
Some other children’s / YA literature wedding theme inspiration for you:
* A Snoopy / Peanuts wedding theme. There are tons of sweet, cute songs you can find in Snoopy: The Musical and You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown for the ceremony music. “Happiness” is one!
* A My Neighbor Totoro-themed wedding. Or a wedding inspired by any Studio Ghibli film for that matter. Love those!
* Here’s something challenging (and a bit nerdy) — a wedding inspired by Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time series.
* A wedding inspired by Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. Think Amy and Laurie! (or Jo and Prof. Bhaer if you ‘ship them)
* A wedding inspired by the book Miss Spider’s Wedding
* A wedding inspired by Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes. Take your pick from tons of fun rhymes like Hey Diddle Diddle, Jack and Jill, and Little Miss Muffet!
Tags: themed wedding inspiration