Here’s a trend I’ve been seeing on all the hip kids for a while now — the photo-realistic universe / nebula / planetary / starry night / galaxy print. If you’re a couple of stargazers or astrology nuts — or perhaps you just love them heavenly bodies — this motif is perfect for you! And if you’ve already been wearing the quirky cosmic pattern in your everyday life, why not take it to another level and rock it at your wedding?
Ideas on how to incorporate the trendy galaxy print motif into your wedding attire:
1. For the bride: wear an assymetric flowy gown and have galaxy print leggings or tights peek out teasingly from underneath.
2. For the groom and groomsmen: have the groom wear a cosmic print bowtie; the rest of the guys can wear galaxy print neckties and / or DIY-ed galaxy print Doc Martens (or Converse Sneakers).
3. For the bridesmaids: They can wear a dress with an all-over galaxy print + black tights. Another option is to wear a white tee or tank top with flowy galactic print high-low or maxi skirts as in the photo.
4. You and your bridesmaids can also sport galaxy print nail art for added flair.
5. Remember those milky way marbles you played with as a child? They can be put to good use as decor elements at your galaxy-themed wedding. Another idea would be to run wire through the balls and form them into a bouquet of sorts.
6. Glow jars make for out-of-this-world luminaries in an evening wedding.
For even better control and personalization, you can DIY the galaxy print onto your clothing and practically anything else (tablecloths, reception decor elements, etc). Here are tutorials I dug up from around the web:
This video tutorial shows how to make a galaxy print using black clothes, bleach, fabric dye, spray bottles, white fabric paint, and paintbrushes.