One week into the new year and it’s once again time to take a look back on some fun, unique and memorable e-sessions shared by our 2013 couples! I’m trying to cut down on the chit chat — I know you can’t wait to see the photos anyway 🙂 — so here they are without further ado.
* In case you missed it, here’s last year’s compilation of 20 Creative, Fun & Unique Engagement Session Ideas
This year we saw a lot of “fighting”… play-fighting that is!
1. Kristina & Curtis’ Jumping, Play-Fighting and Dancing-in-the-Back-of-a-Truck E-session, photos by Jeff Tisman Photography
2. Dagny & Andrew’s Cute and Crazy Ice Cream Sundae E-session, photos by OhKarina Photography
3. Jackie & Matt’s Wet and Wonderful Water Balloon Fight E-session, photos by Shutter Life Productions
4. Bunny & Tom’s High School Loving, Underwater Swimming, and Pillow Fighting E-session, photos by Purple Kite Studios
5. Alana & Michael’s Bright and Happy E-session Around Street Art-filled East Austin, photos by Andy Sams Photography
We also saw A LOT of jumping…
6. Jesse & Kyle’s Sweet and Fun E-session in Flagstaff, photos by Tangled Lilac Photography
7. Christina & James’ Frolicsome E-session in the Art-and-Graffiti-lined Streets of Williamsburg, photos by Laffler Photography
8. Erin & Ben’s Fun and Frolicsome Wynwood Art District E-session, photos by Concept Photography
9. Rosalind & Mark’s Hip and Vibrant E-session in 17th Ave Calgary, photos by Paisley Photography
Some went to their favorite haunts and date places…
10. Courtney & Derek’s Urban Cool Record Store E-session, photo by Blair Bennett’s Photography
11. Anne & Ben’s Romantic Wine-Sipping and S’mores-Roasting E-session, photos by Dei Gratia Photography
12. Denise & Josh’s Colorful and Animated “Geek Love” E-session, photos by Amore Vita Photography
13. Richelle & Gregg’s Fun & Colorful E-session in an Agricultural Fair, photos by Kristin Chalmers Photography
14. Jessica & Raef’s Chill and Laid Back Sydney Pub E-session, photos by Jonathan David Photography
15. Milai & Ryosuke’s Sweet-Love-in-Tokyo Engagement Session, photos by Zac Wolf Photography
Some centered their session around their favorite recreational activities and passions…
16. Joslin & Corey’s Super Cool Subaru-themed Engagement Session, photos by Anna Bruce Photography
17. Shelly & Randy’s Colorful & Edgy Skateboarding-in-a-Graffiti’d-Lot E-session, photos by j.woodbery photography
18. Kristina & Karl’s Kawaii Japanese Anime-inspired E-session in Sydney, photos by Jonathan David Photography
19. Jessica & Aaron’s Retro Rockabilly and Rave Music E-session, photos by Seriously Sabrina Photography
20. Melly & Richard’s Love, Longboards and a Pillow Fight E-session, photos by Meo Baaklini
This twosome revisited their college life in a very unique e-session that took a FULL academic term to shoot…
21. Christine & Von’s Colorful University Life: A School Year-Long E-session, photos by Whimboy Echavez Photography
Some couples recreated vintage pop culture / literature inspired themes down to the last gorgeous painstaking detail…
22. Shannon & Karl’s Vintage Romantic Books-and-Stories-themed Jane Austen-inspired Engagement Shoot, photos by Patrick Hadley Photography
23. Melissa & Brian’s Retro-Fantastic Vintage Aviator E-session, photos by Carmen Salazar Photography
24. Codruta & Daniel’s Adriatic Dream: An Ethereal Love Session in Croatia, photos by David Postatny Photography
None of the above ideas work for you? Of course you can simply romp around, don animal head masks, and totally have fun like this cute couple did!
25. Gina & Moses’s Fun Fifties-Style Disney’s Boardwalk E-session, photos by Concept Photography
If this list inspired you to come up with an awesome idea for an e-shoot, feel free to share it with your bride friends and photographers!
* Don’t forget to check out last year’s compilation of 20 Creative, Fun & Unique Engagement Session Ideas
* For even more inspiration, click [ here ] to see all of our featured engagement shoots.
Just a quick note to let you know that we have some new stuff in our shops. First off, this contemporary invitation suite filled with graphic chevron goodness! Yes we’re jumping in on the zigzag pattern craze with this set but we added a funky spin through fun retro typefaces and fresh, modern color combinations. The Poptastic Bride lovebirds are also present for added cuteness. 🙂
You can view the set elements on this page or at the main store.
The design is available in three combinations for now: Teal and Orange (pictured above), Coral and Navy, and Red and Aqua. Of course you can send me a note if you’d like me to revise the design using your wedding colors.
Aside from invitations, we also have RSVP cards, Save the Date postcards, shipping labels, wedding postage, favor tags and other necessary elements. As always everything is fully customizable with your names and wedding info.
* Please head on over to the main store to see all the available options.
The other new product I wanted to announce are our couple holiday photo cards. If you’re celebrating your first Christmas together as an engaged or married couple — or if you just want to send a holiday card your family will treasure — please check out our designs below. Clicking on the images will take you to a page where you can personalize the details and upload your own photos to replace the placeholders.
* See all of our customizable Christmas photo cards here.
And if you want keepsakes to remember your first Christmas together by, here are ceramic Christmas ornaments you can personalize and hang on your tree.
You can upload two different photos for each side of the ornament.
* See all of our customizable holiday ornaments here.
(Image from Meta & Ian’s Funky Red & White Wedding With Retro Flair, photo by Portrait Design by Shanti)
Confession: I’ve never been a fan of stilettos. I’ve rocked the kitten heel in formal events including my wedding but I just. cannot. wear narrow 4-inch heels. Which is why the emergence of stacked and chunky heeled shoes, thanks to the rise of retro style, is pretty much a godsend to stiletto-scared women like myself. Now there is an option to look stylish and, well, relatively statuesque without fear of tripping or toppling over. Even if you’re not averse to stilettos, you will love the added balance support provided by stacked heels — especially you busy-bee brides who’ll be doing a lot of walking around greeting guests at your celebration.
I’ve gathered a few of my favorite retro-style chunky heeled shoes that you can wear at — and definitely beyond — your wedding. Aren’t they cute? 🙂 These would look fabulous with tea-length or high-low bridal dresses and circle skirts.
Click on each shoe for a closer look.
Are you going to wear chunky, stacked heels at your wedding? I would love to know!
It’s about time I updated you on what’s new at the shop, and trust me, there are a lot of exciting new stuff and I’m delighted to present them to you today.
1. Custom Jelly Belly Candy Tins (yes, candy included), Favor Tags, and Address Labels
We now (finally) offer the above mentioned in our store and the designs go with our existing invitation sets, allowing you access to a complete collection in an instant. When you click on the links, replace the names and date with your own on the text fields provided to preview how they’ll look. Here are a few samples:
(See all customizable candy tins or view them by invite design collection)
(See all favor tags or view them by invite design collection)
Owl & Pussycat (Purple) Wedding Address Labels
(See all address labels or view them by invite design collection)
2. Poptastic Bride x Envelopments
Zazzle has teamed up with Envelopments which means you can now purchase their lovely envelope folders to go with Poptastic Bride’s funky wedding invites. Keep your 5×7 invites, RSVP cards , maps, and any other insert you might want us to customize organized in style. 10 unique color options are available.
Not a shop update but I just wanted to inform you of…
3. The revised blog schedule
As I mentioned yesterday, I missed posting here after my short break but to be honest, there’s just too much going on IRL so it seems I can’t focus all my energies on blogging anymore… That doesn’t mean I’m quitting though, I love this “job” so much to give it up so I’m just giving myself a few days off. 🙂 Starting today, please expect to see a maximum of three real wedding / e-session / styled shoot feature posts a week (so do keep sending me those awesome non-cookie-cutter weddings because they will make their way here). The two remaining days will now be reserved for updates, printables and freebies, and other post ideas (if any) that may come up now that I’ll have a little more free time.
On that note, please allow me to thank you dear friends for your continued readership. Do come back tomorrow for a cute and playful e-session in a rustic setting. 🙂
An original illustration of a couple of lovey-dovey owls are the stars of our latest wedding invitation suite, Lovebird Owls. Our groom owl looks dapper in a fedora and bow tie while pretty bride owl has on a flower garland headdress — I know, so twee! A repeating retro-style flower pattern adorns the back of the invites for a bit of Bohemian flair.
I’ve been drawing a lot of owls and flowers for another project lately so I suddenly felt compelled to make these well-dressed lovebirds. What do you think? 🙂 Incidentally I can customize the colors of this invite set to suit your motif, just shoot me a note via the contact form.
Matching Save the Dates, RSVP cards, postage, stickers, labels, table numbers, thank you cards, and other paraphernalia are also available. Please visit the shop to see the rest of the Lovebird Owls Wedding Invitation Set.
Unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to make a freebie as I’ve been busy working on the new look of our online t-shirt store Poptastic Tees (have you been to it yet? Feel free to have a look around.) but I promise to make it up to you next week. Ciao for now!