Image from Toni & Troy’s Eclectic Vintage DIY Backyard Wedding, photo by Concept Photography
December 19, 2014 ** announcement **
Hi guys! This blog will be on semi-hiatus from today onwards as I concentrate on my design work — “semi” because I’ll still be around working on custom couple cartoon and invitation customization requests. 🙂 I’ll be accepting wedding feature submissions again within a few months time. **
Dear photographers and brides & grooms,
You are invited to submit real weddings, engagement or day-after sessions, and styled shoots that are refreshingly unique, extraordinary, and/or filled with personality and creative inspiration!
What rocks my world
* Shiny, happy, non-traditional celebrations with lots of meaningful touches.
* Weddings with DIY, creative, whimsical, and funky elements that reflect the couple’s taste, quirks & personalities.
* Ceremonies or receptions in unusual venues (libraries, museums, bookstores — surprise me!).
* Loving moments between the bride & groom captured in a natural, genuine way. (Read: less posed shots please!)
** It doesn’t apply to all but I’m partial to low-to-mid-range budget weddings.
** Not necessarily a requirement but I’m fond of photos shot in an unobtrusive photojournalistic style.
Important: Before submitting, please make sure that the couple is willing to be interviewed and featured. If you’re a bride or groom, please contact your photographer first to see if he/she hasn’t submitted your wedding elsewhere to avoid overlapping of features on different publications.
1. I prefer to share weddings from within the last 12 months (but if you have an older unpublished one that you think I’ll like, please go ahead and show me the pics!)
2. I will only publish weddings that have not been featured online before (exceptions: photographers’ and couples’ own blog or Facebook pages)
3. Kindly submit non-watermarked images. Don’t worry because credit will always be given where it’s due!
How to submit:
You can fill up the form below or submit a package using Two Bright Lights (look for me in the Exclusive Blogs list). Please remember to include the bride & groom’s names, wedding date, venue(s), and vendor credits. Tell me why you feel it’s a good fit for Poptastic Bride. I can’t wait to hear from you!
* Vendors: if you have a super cool product that you would like me to write about, please see the advertise page.
* If you’ve already been a featured vendor or cool couple, please consider grabbing a badge and linking back here. 🙂
Comments or questions are welcome.